Monday, October 9, 2017

Inspired by Sunflowers

Hi friends!  I'm here with my first post as a Kennedy Grace Designs designer.  What do you think of the gorgeous mood board we've been sharing with you?  I love the cool, crisp weather and the beautiful show that nature puts on during this season.


Though my home is in Hawaii now, I grew up in Kansas and had to take the sunflower and the gorgeous colors as my inspiration. 


I used Beautiful Blooms - Sunflower for my feature image.  I stamped the image on watercolor paper with my MISTI using Smokey Grey VersaFine ink and the heat embossed it with clear powder.    I used Koi watercolors to color the image and ended up fussy cutting them both.  The lovely sentiment is from the set, it was stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa.  I stamped the sentiment on a panel with distress ink on the edges.  I added a few sequins, from the Autumn Blessings mix which you may have noticed in the new release.  

I'm hoping you will find some inspiration from the mood board and that you will share your creations with us over on the Kennedy Grace Designs Facebook page.  Have a great week!

Aloha, 
Brenda

1 comment:

  1. Well, done you on your new position and a fab debut card too. Sunflowers are such jolly flowers xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

As You Like It Challenge #282 - Clean or Fussy

  It's Thursday again and time for a new  As You Like It Challenge .  This fortnight our challenge theme is to share your favorite, clea...

Popular Posts