Sunday, December 3, 2017

Blue Christmas



Hi friends!  I'm up on the Kennedy Grace Creations blog today.  I'm sharing a card I created after pondering the wonderful December inspiration board above.  There are so many things I love about this board.  Blue is my favorite color and Christmas is my most favorite time of year, so that's where I started.

I decided to make a shaker card using some of the gorgeous Kennedy Grace sequin mixes.  For this card I used Chantilly Cream and Ocean Water which look as if they were taken right off the mood board.  If you look closely you can see the beautiful iridescence of the Chantilly Cream.  LOVE THEM!



I started by cutting the ornament shape from a speciality white cardstock called Stardust, 2 sheets of fun foam and a blue metallic cardstock.  I glued the fun foam together adhered that to card base made of the same Stardust cardstock.  I adhered the metallic ornament in place and added the Kennedy Grace sequins.  I am notorious for forgetting to put the acetate onto my shakers, but this time managed to remember to get that done.  I used tacky glue for adhering all the layers and was pleased with the bond I got.



After that shaker element was finished I added a little evergreen bough which had been dusted with clear rock candy distress glitter.  All that was left was to add the sentiment and a skinny twine bow with even more glisten.  Hopefully the recipient will enjoy all the sparkle and sheen this card shares.  


We would love for you to join us in using the Kennedy Grace mood board for inspiration and would love it even more if you would share your creation on FB or Instagram.  Thanks so much for popping in today.

Aloha,
Brenda

Please be sure to follow the Kennedy Grace Creations blog, facebook, twitter, instagram and pinterest. Our Design Team has great projects to inspire you with our great stamp sets.

1 comment:

  1. A lovely interpretation of the mood board theme Brenda, love a good shaker card.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

CRAFT Challenge #714 - Not A Card

It's time for another CRAFT Challenge!  We would love for you to join us this week in creating something other than a card.  There are a...

Popular Posts