Monday, May 25, 2015

It's All About the Hair Color


Hi everyone!  Welcome to our new Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, It's All About the Hair Color. 

First off, I want you to know about our DT call.  You can find the full details on the blog, here.  I have to tell you this is such a fun, talented, supportive group to work with. Whether you are a seasoned crafter or a newbie, if you are interested, be sure to contact Samantha very soon!  We would love to have you join us in the fun.

On to the challenge...this week our fab sponsor is:



Check out all Unky's wonderful designs!  I chose to use Flower Fairy because of her great hair!


You may have noticed most of my girls have reddish hair and true to form, I kept it in the color family with a more orangish tint.  Who knows maybe this will be my next color:)


I decided to try my luck doing a watercolor bokeh background.  I was inspired by this post on Pintrest.  I used Distress Ink and Hero Arts Unicorn Pigment ink for the background.  

My tip as usual, comes from the need to fix a mistake.  I was a little impatient and smeared some of my dots, the sequins were the perfect camouflage.   I wanted to keep the card simple to put the emphasis on the hair and the sequins sort of lead your eyes right to the image.  

I mentioned above what talent the DT has...wait till you see their hair!  If you didn't start there, head over to the blog to take a peek and learn all the details about the challenge.  While you are there don't forget about the DT call.  I can't wait to see your creations!

Aloha,
Brenda

Supplies:
Image:  The East Wind Flower Fairy
Paper:  Strathmore Watercolor paper, Neenah Cardstock
Accessories:  Distress Ink, Copic Markers, Sequined Bunny Sequins, Liquid Pearls




4 comments:

  1. Lovely colours. I love the red hair and your background. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This image does have lovely hair and your colouring is fab - love the colour!

    The pretty soft background is gorgeous too :-)

    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Brenda I Love your colours and love love love the Bokeh effect too! great job! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, Brenda!! Gorgeous coloring! Have a wonderful week xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

Little Red Wagon #753 - Show Us Your Eggs (Easter projects)

  Chrissy is our fab hostess this week over at Little Red Wagon.  Her challenge this week is to "Show Us Your Eggs (or Easter projects)...

Popular Posts